Let the soothing aroma of this quick and easy Moroccan Chicken Soup waft through your home and draw everyone to the table. It is especially appreciated for those “under the weather” days.
In a 4 quart pot, sauté the diced celery and onion in the olive oil until the onion is browned. Add the remaining ingredients, except the lemon juice, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 25 to 35 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in the lemon juice.
Serve a bowl of hot Moroccan Chicken Soup with Ful Mudammas and toasted pita bread for a delicious light meal.
- 2 c diced Celery
- 1 c diced Onion
- 2 tbsp Clarified Butter or Olive Oil
- 3/4 lb: Pound Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts or Thighs, rinsed and diced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/4 c chopped Parsley
- 1/3 c Parboiled Rice (Uncle Ben’s®)
- 60 oz low salt Chicken Broth
- 1 tbsp Moroccan Blend
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice