Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment, or use foil and spray with non-stick spray.
In a medium frying pan, sauté pine nuts or slivered almonds in olive oil until golden brown. Remove nuts and set aside. Place onion and GARAM MASALA INDIAN BLEND in the frying pan and sauté until onion is translucent. Stir in the nuts and remaining filling ingredients.
Rinse trout and pat dry. Lay two of the trout flat, skin side down, in the baking pan. Spread the filling over the filets and lay the other two trout on top, skin side up.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until fish flakes when pierced with a fork. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with chopped parsley and lemon wedges. Jasmine Rice is a flavorful accompaniment to this recipe.
- 4 Trout, 10 to 12 oz, head removed and boned (ask butcher to do this for you)
- 1/4 c Pine Nuts or Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 c Olive Oil
- 1 c Finely Diced Onion
- 2 tsp Garam Masala Indian Blend
- 1/3 c Finely Chopped Walnuts
- 1 c Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 c Currants
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Salt
- Chopped Parsley and Lemon Wedges for garnish